SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois State Police (ISP) Firearms Services Bureau (FSB) announces another option for customers without access to online devices (computer, smart phone or tablet) to apply for and update FOID cards. Customers can now utilize FOID Kiosks at three ISP facilities across the state.
Current locations and hours of service include:
Illinois State Police District 5, 16648 Broadway St, Lockport, IL 60441
Regular Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. & 12:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Illinois State Police Central Headquarters, 801 S 7th St, Springfield, IL 62703
Regular Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Illinois State Police District 13, 1391 S Washington St, Du Quoin, IL 62832
Regular Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
All hours are subject to change.
The FSB Kiosk system is set up to offer Firearm Owner Identification (FOID) application assistance only. The following is a list of services these kiosks provide:
- Assistance with submitting name/address changes, renewals and new applications online
- Taking a photo and uploading it to the application
- Assistance with correcting rejected applications
- A publicly accessible computer will be available to complete online applications and make updates to existing accounts.
- Due to the extended time it takes for Kiosk representatives to assist people with submitting applications online, customers may be asked to return at a different time
Other FOID and Conceal Carry License (CCL) Customer Assistance Options:
- Login Assistance requests including registration approval, existing user ID recovery and password reset assistance should be sent to [email protected]. Please provide us with as much information about yourself as possible, including your name, date of birth, address, FOID/CCL number, etc. in your email.
- When checking the status of an application, customers should continue visiting the website or using the automated phone system. Customers can also find the average processing times for new applications on the website and through the phone system. If your application is “under review,” please allow additional processing time. For an expanded version of the processing time frames please visit Firearms Services (illinois.gov). For additional information related to FOID and CCL processing, please visit https://isp.illinois.gov/Foid/Statistics.
- For information related to Revoked FOID Cards and CCLs and Denied FOID cards and CCL applications, customers should visit the Office of Firearms Safety website at https://isp.illinois.gov/FirearmsSafety for further information, including required forms and checklists, about the appeal process.
- Representatives from the Office of Firearms Safety will NOT be available at the Kiosks to assist customers with their revoked cards and denied applications. Customers will need to contact the Office of Firearms Safety [email protected].
Finally, the Firearms Services Bureau has reduced the FOID backlog by 89 percent for renewals and 75 percent for new applications since last year. “This is a continuation of our efforts to streamline the application and renewal process of FOID Cards through the Office of Firearms Safety. We are dedicated to stay this course,” stated Illinois State Police Director Brendan F. Kelly.